The Billboard Music Awards (often shortened to BBMAs) is an annual awards show hosted by Billboard since 1990. The awards were originally hosted in December up until 2006. The awards returned in 2011 and began being hosted in May.
The 2004 Billboard Music Awards took place on December 8 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Madonna received three nominations and won one award.
The 2013 Billboard Music Awards took place on May 19 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Madonna won the three awards she was nominated for.
The 2019 Billboard Music Awards took place on May 1 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and aired on NBC. Madonna and Maluma performed the live debut of "Medellín". The performance featured numerous holograms of Madonna in various outfits from the "Medellín" music video. In a backstage interview at the awards show, Madonna explained that the planning for the performance took place many months ago, with the rehearsals for the green screen personas taking a couple of weeks, her solo perfomance rehearsels taking a couple of weeks, and an additional week of rehearsals with Maluma.
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Music_Award
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Billboard_Music_Awards
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Billboard_Music_Awards
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Billboard_Music_Awards
- ↑ https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/bbma/8507909/2019-billboard-music-awards-madonna-maluma-to-perform-medellin
- ↑ https://pitchfork.com/news/billboard-music-awards-2019-watch-madonna-and-maluma-perform-medellin/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxiG0ulwzuI